Reporting to the Founder and CEO, Overcomers United is hiring a Director of Operations, a Volunteer, part-time position, who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization, and works collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives. The candidate would have to have the ability to work from home because this is currently a virtual position.
Overcomers United is a grassroots not-for-profit un-incorporated association run solely by volunteers. Overcomers United aims to empower and support individuals experiencing difficult circumstances to achieve sustainable livelihoods through their entrepreneurial aspirations and goals, whether those center on being self-employed, bringing a business idea to life, opening an artist’s studio, or making and selling hand-crafted products, amongst other entrepreneurial pursuits. In supporting such entrepreneurial ventures, Overcomers United aims to impact an individual, their family and the larger community, as well as ensure that the projects supported are environmentally sustainable. Please visit our website: Overcomersunited.ca to learn more.
- Establish a team, cultivate and implement a coaching culture, provide opportunities for development and ensure high performance
- Collaborate with leadership team to develop and implement plans to support various areas of organizational development
- Develop and build relationships with key stakeholders within, and external to the organization
- Manage all external relationships with vendors and contractors that affect operation
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in a managerial or Director level role in a non-profit organization
- An experienced leader, comfortable with building a team from the ground up, able to inspire and motivate teams
- Experience building executive relationships and driving/influencing change
- Own the growth and success of Overcomers United
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, has initiative to identify what is required and implement solutions with minimal guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.