See email to contact for application
Current grant programs
- Safer and Vital Communities Grant provides funding to community-based, not-for-profit organizations and First Nations Chiefs and Band Councils to address local risks to safety and well-being in the community. Deadline SEPTEMBER 16th 2020
- Proceeds of Crime – Frontline Policing Grant uses assets seized by the provincial and federal governments during criminal prosecutions to help the police carry out specific crime prevention projects in the community.
- Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere (RIDE) Grant provides funding to enhance regular RIDE spot-check activities carried out by local police services.
- Constable Joe MacDonald Public Safety Officers’ Survivors Scholarship Fund recognizes the sacrifice made by our public safety officers and their families to keep Ontario safe, and is available to the spouses and children of public safety officers who have died in the line of duty.
- First Nations Constable Fund supports 40 First Nations constables across nine First Nations police services.
- Hate Crime Extremism Investigative Team Grant supports a team of 14 municipal police services, as well as the Ontario Provincial Police, who focus on crime involving hate propaganda, the promotion of genocide, hate-motivated crimes and criminal extremism.
- Provincial Strategy to Protect Children from Sexual Abuse and Exploitation on the Internet protects children from online exploitation, with the help of municipal police services, the OPP, crown attorneys, and victim service providers.
- Ontario Association of Crime Stoppers Program is a partnership between the public, the police and the media that allows citizens to anonymously help the police solve crimes. Funds go towards operating an answering service that receives crime-related tips outside of regular business hours.
- Court Security and Prisoner Transportation Program provides funding to municipalities to assist in offsetting their court security and prisoner transportation costs.
- Community Safety and Policing Grant provides police services with the necessary tools and resources to enable deployment of front-line officers where and when they are needed most, as well as support police services as they implement public safety and community policing initiatives that focus on local or provincial priorities.
For more information about any of the grant programs, please contact SafetyPlanning@Ontario.ca.